Patricia D. Reyes
Doctoral Researcher in Philosophy of Technology
- PhD Candidate (Sep 2020 — Present) University of Twente (Philosophy Section, BMS Faculty)
As a part of the Ethics of Socially Disruptive Technologies (Esdit) research consortium, I analyse the political significance of digital technologies in the global movement for climate justice.
- Researcher (Feb — August 2019) University of Twente (Philosophy Section, BMS Faculty)
History and Philosophy of Human-Technology relations focused on the technopolitics of climate activism.
- Mechatronics Consultant (Feb 2020 — Aug 2020) ALTEN Nederland.
My consulting assignment was at ASML in Veldhoven, Nederland. I developed a design strategy for training hardware to handle EUV lithography machines.
- Columnist and Contributing Writer (2017 — 2018) U-Today. (University of Twente).
News articles, interviews, and a biweekly column.
- Senior Design Engineer (2016) Industrias John Deere, México.
Project management; supervision of product’s assembly and testing. Junior members’ training.
- Design Engineer (2013—2016) Industrias John Deere, México. Design and routing of electrical harnesses for Harvester Combines.
- Automation Engineer (2012—2013) INESFA.
Design and integration of automated systems. PLC programming for SCADA (telemetry and remote control).
- Research Honours Programme (June 2019). Twente Graduate School, University of Twente, The Netherlands.
- MSc Philosophy of Science, Technology and Society (2016—2018) Honors: cum laude. University of Twente, The Netherlands. Faculty of Behavioural, Management and Social Sciences. (Thesis)
- BSc Mechatronics Engineering (2008—2012) Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo León, México. Facultad de Ingeniería Mecánica y Eléctrica.
- Chair of Directive Board at Tankstation Cultureel Vulpunt. (October 2021 – Present)
- Member of the Supervisory Board (Raad van Toezicht) at TETEM. (May 2021 – Present)
GRANTS & SCHOLARSHIPS
- TGS Award (September 2019)
Awarded by the Twente Graduate School (University of Twente) for the research proposal ‘Global Networks of Climate Action: Exploring how the Internet mediates the international response to climate change.’ (Press release | Video)
- Stipendium for Art Initiatives – Mondriaan Fonds (March 2019)
Awarded by Mondriaan Fonds to invest in the foundation TANKSTATION Cultureel Vulpunt. Patricia was a co-solicitant with the foundation’s director, Iranian artist Yasaman Owrang.
- TGS Bridging Grant 2019 (October 2018)
Grant awarded by the Twente Graduate School (University of Twente) for the elaboration of a PhD research proposal.
- Holland Scholarship (2016—2017)
Scholarship awarded by the Ministry of Education, Culture and Science from The Netherlands in collaboration with the University of Twente.
- “Recalibrating Reality” Opening speech at Gogbot Festival (September 2021)
- “India’s arrest of activist tied to Greta Thunberg’s movement sparks outrage,” Interview in In Focus (South Asia). (February 2021)
- “Loading New Worlds,” Symposium at The Overkill Festival Online Edition. (December 2020) [Link to livestream]
- “Global Networks of Climate Activism,” Presentation at Cinema Obscura/Sickhouse, (March 2020)
CONFERENCES & SYMPOSIA
- “Towards a Critical Use of Internet Platforms in the Climate Movement,” 4S/ESOCITE 2022 (December 2022)
- “Towards a Critical Use of Internet Platforms in the Climate Movement,” ESDiT Conference 2022 (October 2022)
- “Internet-enabled Climate Activism Networks, Ontological Conflicts, and the Prospects of a Pluriverse,” Intercultural Ethics & Technology. (January 2022)
- “Reconceptualizing ‘Politics’ through Indigenous Philosophies,” It’s Alive!, 4TU.Ethics Biannual Conference (October 2021)
- “Walk the talk – A keynote on Action Research and Intersectionality,” Sustainability Transformation Symposium organized by the University of Twente’s Green Hub (October 2021)
- “Loading New Worlds – Creative uses of digital media to conceive post-anthropocentric societies,” Technological Imaginaries, Society for Philosophy and Technology Biannual Conference (June 2021)
- “The Post-anthropocentric social and its contracts: Indigenous Place-thought meets digitally mediated climate activism,” Politics of Nature 2021 Conference of the Society for Intercultural Philosophy. (June 2021)
- “Rethinking the technological mediation of climate action through post-anthropocentric politics,” Philosophy of Human-Technology Relations Conference (November 2020).
- “International Pi Day,” Photocall. (2019)
- “Community,” Photo Exhibition with Martin Klein Schaarsberg at TANKSTATION. Enschede, The Netherlands. (2018)
- “Maldita Vida” E.P. with Progress is Easy (2016)
- “The Hard Times” E.P. with Progress is Easy (2010)
Last Updated October 30, 2021