Patricia D. Reyes
PhD candidate in Philosophy of Technology
- PhD Candidate (Sep 2020 — Present) University of Twente. (Department of Philosophy)
As a part of the Ethics of Socially Disruptive Technologies (ESDT) programme, I advance a political philosophy of technology to research the influence of digital technologies on climate activism.
- Researcher (Feb — August 2019) University of Twente (Department of Philosophy)
History and Philosophy of Human-Technology relations focused on the technopolitics of climate activism.
- Mechatronics Consultant (Feb 2020 — Aug 2020) ALTEN Nederland.
My consulting assignment was at ASML in Veldhoven, Nederland. I developed a design strategy for training hardware to handle EUV lithography machines.
- Columnist and Contributing Writer (2017 — 2018) U-Today. (University of Twente).
News articles, interviews, and a biweekly column.
- Senior Design Engineer (2016) Industrias John Deere, México.
Project management; supervision of product’s assembly and testing. Junior members’ training.
- Design Engineer (2013—2016) Industrias John Deere, México. Design and routing of electrical harnesses for Harvester Combines.
- Automation Engineer (2012—2013) INESFA.
Design and integration of automated systems. PLC programming for SCADA (telemetry and remote control).
- Research Honours Programme (June 2019). Twente Graduate School, University of Twente, The Netherlands.
- MSc Philosophy of Science, Technology and Society (2016—2018) Honors: cum laude. University of Twente, The Netherlands. Faculty of Behavioural, Management and Social Sciences. (Thesis)
- BSc Mechatronics Engineering (2008—2012) Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo León, México. Facultad de Ingeniería Mecánica y Eléctrica.
CONFERENCES / PUBLIC SPEAKING
- “Loading New Worlds”, Symposium at The Overkill Festival Online Edition. (December 2020) [Link to livestream].
- “Rethinking the technological mediation of climate action through post-anthropocentric politics,” Presentation at the Philosophy of Human-Technology Relations Conference (November 2020).
- “Global Networks of Climate Activism,” Presentation at Cinema Obscura/Sickhouse. (March 2020).
GRANTS & SCHOLARSHIPS
- TGS Award (September 2019)
Awarded by the Twente Graduate School (University of Twente) for the research proposal ‘Global Networks of Climate Action: Exploring how the Internet mediates the international response to climate change.’ (Press release | Video)
- Stipendium for Art Initiatives – Mondriaan Fonds (March 2019)
Awarded by Mondriaan Fonds to invest in the foundation TANKSTATION Cultureel Vulpunt. Patricia was a co-solicitant with the foundation’s director, Iranian artist Yasaman Owrang.
- TGS Bridging Grant 2019 (October 2018)
Grant awarded by the Twente Graduate School (University of Twente) for the elaboration of a PhD research proposal.
- Holland Scholarship (2016—2017)
Scholarship awarded by the Ministry of Education, Culture and Science from The Netherlands in collaboration with the University of Twente.
- Content creator, Communication coordinator (April 2019 — Present) Tankstation Cultureel Vulpunt.
- Communication co-coordinator (April 2019 — ). Allée Rentrée Festival.
- “International Pi Day,” Photocall. (2019)
- “Community,” Photo Exhibition with Martin Klein Schaarsberg at TANKSTATION. Enschede, The Netherlands. (2018)
- “Maldita Vida” E.P. with Progress is Easy (2016)
- “The Hard Times” E.P. with Progress is Easy (2010)
Last Updated September 1, 2020